Monday, June 6, 2011

Costs of my trip

The list of things I paid for are: new passport, extra passport photos, air flight, tuition, registration at my university, registration at UOS, Chinese visa & Beijing trip. Below I will list the costs and list of things that were waived for exchange students and also some reimbursements I'm getting back ^__^





Here is the list:

New Passport : $97.00
Extra Passport Photos: 6.99$ for 2 photos, You need 8 photos = $27.96
Air Flight: $2200.00  I booked in March so I'm sure if you booked earlier could be cheaper
Tuition: $1185.00
Registration: 100$
Registration at UOS: 250,000
Chinese Visa: $75.00 + $32.00 for shipping so $107.00
Beijing trip: ₩700,000 
Residence (dorms) : Waived for exchange students
Field Trip Fee: Waived for exchange students
Total: $4475

For me, my passport was due up in August so I HAD to get a new one, it would be easier if you got yours done before...maybe your parents or someone will pay but since I kind of put off getting a new one I just paid for it myself. Also living in Halifax it is more expensive to ship a visa to Ottawa then someone living closer, tuition also varies because the tuition you pay to your home university for however many credits, so if your university is more expensive for 6 credits than 1185$ then your going to end up paying more. The Beijing trip is optional.

Reimbursements
UOS will you give back some of your money because air flight is so expensive especially if your living on the legit other side of the world very far away haha. So I guess they feel bad and give you back some of your money. They also reimburse you for half of the Beijing trip.


Airflight : They will reimburse you ₩500,000 ($452.15)


Beijing trip: Reimburse half so ₩350,000 ($316.50)


So in total you get : ₩850,000($768.65) back


Overall the UOS isn't expensive, just the airfare makes it seem like so much! It would be much cheaper if you live in Vancouver, or even Toronto;;

------------------------------
I've also been watching the drama "City Hunter" (시티헌터) & "The Greatest Love" (최고의 사랑)
최고의 사랑 IS SO GOOOOOOOOD OMMMMGGG. Everyone needs to start watching it now!!! There are 10 episodes subbed right now on Mysoju but there will be a total of 16 ^___^ Im trying to stay tuned with some of the hottest shows going on right now so when I get to Korea I can watch them in real time and 
know whats happening ~





No comments:

Post a Comment