Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Got my roomate u__u

Sooo today I found out who my roomate is :) She's super cute! We have already exchanged a few emails and I think we will be good friends! She said the residence's in UOS are suuuper nice & air conditioned and such :)
I also got more deadlines places on me from the UOS

These are a list of things they gave me that I MUST complete BEFORE arrival 
A. Course registration - by May 26 (Thu)   check
B. 4-day field trip -  by May 26 (Thu)           check 
C. Flight itinerary -  by June 8 (Wed) if available    check 
D. Payment -  by June 8 (Wed)        
E. Insurance - by June 8 (wed)         check

Also, the 4 day field trip to Japan has been cancelled due to radiation levels! That means a lot more people will be signing up for the Beijing trip with me~ 
I think at first Korean people are taken back by me from how much I know about Korea. Like when someone says they like Korea, they will think oh ok so they might new a few bands, a few foods, and a few words. But they don't expect that I know all the popular bands, can read/write Korean, know a lot of words, know a ton of Korean food and everything. I like that feeling when people are like....omg she knows a lot more than I thought. 
Like, at my restaurant everyone is used to me using chopsticks, eating Korean food, etc etc. But 2 days ago I went out to eat Chinese with my friend, and they asked me if Im ok with chopsticks and if I need a fork. It felt so weird being asked to use a fork! I haven't been asked that in a long time just because people at my work are used to my asianized self! 
BAWHH I can read Korean!
Also, at work a few days ago a Korean came in asking about a sign my boss posed ( saying that we are hiring a kitchen worker but it was written in Korean ) so shes like could you tell me more about this? and she points to the sign. then shes like oh...wait...nvm you cant read Korean. I'm just like * bawhhhh yes I can T____T *  I think I have to get used to people NOT knowing how familiar I am with Korean culture and start building my reputation from the start again when I get into Korea xD 

No comments:

Post a Comment