Sunday, May 29, 2011

How To : Application for Chinese Visa ( For Canadians )

So I had a little bit of problem obtaining my Chinese Visa simply because they need you to do everything perfectly and you only have a limited amount of time to fill it out ( Your not allowed to do it too early, not allowed to do it too close to your trip to china)



First, go to this website to download and print off the Visa application forms :
http://www.goldenmile2000.com/forms.html
Click the second one, print it off and fill it out.


  • Under the section of "Contact Information" 4.7 I had no idea what to put since I wasnt staying with anyone. I called up the embassy and they told me to put my hotel information  in that section~
  • Also, under Section 5 ' Other Declaration' University of Seoul gives you a letter Specifically to send to the Chinese embassy just like "so and so is travelling to Korea and to get the most of her trip she will also be going to China, I hope you grant her a visa and to it speedily etc etc."   I wrote under that section just  see attached letter;; 
  • The application also makes you attach a passport photo of yourself onto the paper


-Then you have to go to the post office with your passport, you need to buy two EXPRESS POST envelopes to Ottawa.
-Get one medium sized one and one smaller one. ( cost me like 32$?)
-in the medium one place the smaller express post envelope, your visa application forms, a money order for 75$, and your passport.
-THEN before you close it, on the smaller envelope write under "to" as your address and the 'From' from the Chinese embassy so they just stick your passport in that envelope and it gets sent right to you.
- When the Chinese embassy is done and accepts your visa application, they will send it back to you with the Visa inside your passport inside the self sealed express post envelope. ^^

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Send in your passport, BOTH of the application forms with one photo attached, & your letter from University of Seoul. Also missing my money order!


my favorite Taiwanese singer JJ Lin ^^


byebye n__n 안소은

2 comments:

  1. Hello...I read your post...It really nice....You give us good and important knowledge about Chinese visa...So I am very thankful to you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @China Visa no problem!! It was kind of confusing ( I got my mom to do most of it haha I was so stressed out;; )

    ReplyDelete